As a Christian church, we exist to honour God by
helping local people worship God, grow spiritually, serve others,
and reach their communities and the world with the message and
love of Jesus Christ.
First Baptist Church
Summer Worship Services: 10:30am Sundays
(June 17th to September 2nd, 2018)
Bible Study — “Talk Back”
|Date:||September 20, 2017|
|Ages:||Adults (18 and up)|
|What:||Explore more deeply last Sunday's sermon and Bible passages with Rev. Maguire.
- Why is it so hard to forgive someone? How many times do you believe it is reasonable to forgive someone? Can you recall a time when you forgave someone; what did that feel like?
- What was motivating Peter to ask the question about forgiveness?
- Generally, remembering this is a parable about the Kingdom of Heaven, how does this parable make you feel?
- How great was the mercy extended to the slave? Why couldn't he extend forgiveness to the other slave?
- The other servants were greatly distressed by the first servant's lack of mercy. Do you observe in this world people's unwillingness to forgive. How does that make you feel?
- Why did Jesus use such a harsh story to make His point?
- Are we indebted to “The King”? If we are forgiven by the King, what should you do for others?
- How do we cultivate an atmosphere of forgiveness in our homes, places of work, and the church?
- How do you think Peter reacted to this parable?
- What characteristics should define members of God's Family/Kingdom?