As a Christian church, we exist to honour God by
helping local people worship God, grow spiritually, serve others,
and reach their communities and the world with the message and
love of Jesus Christ.
First Baptist Church
Summer Worship Services: 10:30am Sundays
(June 17th to September 2nd, 2018)
Bible Study — “Talk Back”
|Date:||September 27, 2017|
|Ages:||Adults (18 and up)|
|What:||Explore more deeply last Sunday's sermon and Bible passages with Rev. Maguire.
- How would you define fairness? Is there anything such as an objective sense of fairness?
- What is the relationship between fairness and justice; fairness and mercy?
- Does God use a sliding scale when it comes to blessing people; such as the more good you do the more you receive blessing?
- If you have more material resources in this life does that mean you are more blessed than others?
- What role does fairness play in God's work of salvation? What motivates God's saving work?
- What do the workers hired at different times represent in the parable?
- Who decides who receives the blessings and rewards of Heaven? Do we have any say in their distribution?
- How do we experience the grace of God? What must I do to be saved?
- In the verses before this parable Peter pointed out the sacrifices and commitment of the disciples in following Jesus. What was motivating his question, what was Jesus' response?
- Which group of workers do you identify with most? Why? Are we guilty of begrudging grace to others, we deem undeserving?